Saturday, May 30, 2009

Color Scheming

Having a fall wedding made it pretty easy for me to decide on the colors I was going to use. Regardless, I still experimented with a million different combinations.

Even before I got engaged, I fell in love with a photo I found on a wedding blog.




First of all, I love dahlias and I think regardless of my color scheme, I would have included them in my arrangements. I also love that the colors aren't a bright red, true orange, or royal purple. They look more vintage to me in muted colors.


Also in my wedding blog surfing, I also came across an awesome website that lets you test any color combination you can dream up. So using the above picture as my guide, I came up with the following color palette.



But, when I really looked at the colors together and envisioned what we would do with them outside of flowers, I wasn't so in love with them anymore. They looked a little to spring/summer to me.


So I tried something different. I really like the color jade, but not a true jade. A jade with a little more blue in it. So I started with that and came up with the following:



I still wasn't in love with it...so I twisted around a few colors, removed the jade, added a burnt orange and VOILA!!!! Our color scheme was born!


Very fall, very me. PERFECTION.

No comments: