Thursday, May 21, 2009

Search for the Perfect Venue

I swear the second we got engaged, I jumped right into wedding planning. If we are going to try and pull this off by fall, I've got a TON of work to do!! The biggest thing I am worried about is availability of things with only a 6 month lead time. The little stuff I'm not worried about, I know I can get it done plus I have lots of family members and friends who are willing to help me!

BUT how can you have a wedding without a reception venue? Or a photographer? Or a florist?


So, first thing I am going to attempt to check of my mile long TO DO list is our reception venue. Between the two of us, Gary and I have scoured the Internet looking for places to have our reception. In my head, I have this beautiful image of an old barn or log cabin...solid wood walls and columns...strings of twinkle lights...fall reds oranges and yellows...rustic vintage feel...but I haven't had much luck in finding exactly what I'm looking for.



I love, love, LOVE everything about this wedding!


A few problems I'm running into:
  • Most barns are not acceptable places to hold wedding receptions, especially in the late fall

  • Not exactly reception-worthy




  • Those that are acceptable have been booked WAY in advance (for other Michigan brides out there, you must check out Blue Dress Barn or Millcreek Barn near St. Joe...Gorgeous!)

I'm DROOLING here!!

  • There is nothing really close to my hometown for Gary's home town that resembles what we are looking for. I don't want to have both families travel, especially to an area that I'm not even familiar with
I haven't given up total hope yet, but we are definitely looking at back-up plans as well. And so, the search for the perfect venue continues...

No comments: