Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Kristie's Bachelorette Party Invites!

My bridesmaid Kristie's bachelorette party is coming up in a little over a month and a half from now. I figured it was about time I got working on some invitations! I had already decided that I was going to go with a hot pink, black, and zebra theme a while back so at least I had some sort of direction. Once I got started, I was pleasantly surprised on how quickly I got them done! Started and finished in less than a week! I know, you're impressed aren't you?

Here's what you'll need

Gluestick
Bonefolder
Hole puncher
Cardstock (Black, Hot Pink, and Zebra)
Envelopes
Ribbon (Zebra)
Envelope liner templates

And here's the step-by-steps


  1. I used 8 1/2" x 11" hot pink cardstock so I could run them through my home printer. I formatted the document in Microsoft Word to be just under 5"x 7" so I could glue it on to a 5" x 7" black card and be able to actually see it behind the pink.

  2. Trim the black cardstock to 5" x 7" and also trim your printed cardstock to the correct size. Glue the printed sheets onto the black cardstock

  3. Punch two holes at the top of the card and thread your ribbon through them. I looped the ribbon through both holes instead of tying a bow. I thought a bow was a little to "cute" for a bachelorette party invite
  4. Then I used my Paper Source envelope liner templates to cut out some zebra paper to line the envelopes. Place the liners inside the envelopes and fold the flap down. Use your bonefolder to make it fold nice. Place glue around the outer edges in a triangle shape and unfold to that it sticks to the envelope flap.
  5. I also used Microsoft Word and my home printer to print address and return address labels on the same hot pink paper. I used my trusty Xyron to attach them to the envelopes.

Here's the finished project!


3 comments:

The Weltes + 1 said...

Everyone loves these including the bachelorette herself! :) Thank you!

Subscription Box Girl said...

I linked to this on my blog. I love tutorials. Great job!
http://theperfectbridesmaid.blogspot.com/2010/06/diy-hot-pink-zebra-bachelorette-party.html

Anonymous said...

Where can I buy the Hot Pink Cardstock from? Or can I just use Hot pink Construction paper? Thanks