Friday, May 29, 2009

The (difficult) Choice!

I'm one of the most indecisive people you will ever meet. I can't even make simple decisions such as where we're going to dinner. I would much rather someone else make the decision for me.

When it came down to which dress I was going to buy, my indecisiveness kicked in ten-fold. This wasn't a Max & Erma's versus On the Border type of decision. This is the dress I would be wearing on my wedding day. The dress that would be captured in photos that will last a lifetime. One of the most important decisions in planning a wedding. And I was torn.

On one hand, my bargain shopper side was telling me that I'd found a dress I REALLY liked and it was WAY under what I was planning to spend. I could purchase off the rack and not have to worry about when it would come in. How could I pass that up?

But my theme-conscious perfectionist side was telling me that the other dress fit in perfectly with the rustic vintage look I was going for AND it was still under my budget. Plus, I could also purchase this dress off the rack and the only alterations I would need is to put in a bustle.

I think something my incredibly wise mother said helped me make the decision when it came down to it. She asked me if both dresses were priced exactly the same, what would I choose?? With the factor of cost removed from my decision, I was able to concentrate on what I really liked about each dress.

In the end, I purchased the more expensive dress knowing that this is the one time in my life where I will get to purchase a wedding dress and it SHOULD be perfect, regardless if I have to spend a little extra dough.

After I had officially made the decision and actually purchased the dress, I knew I'd made the right choice. The perfect choice. So what what the heck was I dragging my feet for???

Did anyone else have a difficult time making a decision on THE dress?

2 comments:

julielsimon said...

Glad you found a dress! I'm sure you look bride-HOT in it! :-)

Nicole Warner Decio said...

I am SO indecisive too Kate, this is a great post...I am sure you will look absolutely beautiful in your dress!