Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Dress Hunt: Part II

Saturday morning my mom and I were up bright and early to have breakfast with Gary's mom before heading to the bridal shops. It was the first time they had met and I was a little nervous about it but everything went very smoothly.

Two of my bridesmaids, Amanda and Kristie, also joined us for the excursion. Our first stop was I Do Too in Plymouth. Since they don't take actual appointments, I was worried that it would be super busy. I think there was maybe two other brides in the shop so it wasn't too bad. My bridal assistant basically let me wander around the store and grab a few I liked. Then it was into the little room with my mom to begin process. We were getting pretty good at it because of all of our practice the night before :)

The funny thing about wedding dress shopping is all modesty goes out the window. It's hard enough trying to slither into some of those dresses without attempting to cover your "girl parts". At least it was only my mom and I didn't have some strange woman I'd just met seeing me practically in the nude.

Here is a picture of my mom, me and my future mother-in-law outside the bridal shop




SO. MANY. DRESSES.



Kristie and Amanda being patient as a struggled in and out of about 20 dresses. Yes she really is that tall...plus she's wearing heals! Silly girl.


So how did we do? There were definitely a few I liked at the shop. Some of the ones I really liked were ruled out due to being to modern for the rustic vintage-y feel I was going for. In the end, I did put a dress on hold that I absolutely loved (it was the first dress I tried on - crazy huh?) but I hadn't totally made up my mind on which would be THE dress...

Up Next: The Choice!

No comments: