Monday, June 29, 2009

Kristie's Shower!

Kristie's bridal shower was a few weekends ago and everything went great! I was a little worried about the weather since we were having a tent outside and although it was a little chilly, there was no rain!! I think a good time was had by all the ladies and I was pretty please one how my projects turned out. Here are a few of the things I made:

For the food table, I got a few yards of pink and green tulle to lay on top of the white table cloth. It looks super cute and since tulle isn't very expensive, I didn't feel too bad about people dripping salsa and guacamole on it...and then throwing it away afterward.

I also wrapped some green polka dot ribbon around three vases and put pink candles in them for a bit more decoration.

There are multiple projects shown in this picture. The most obvious being the "Guess Her Age" board. It featured about 20 pictures of Kristie when she was younger and we had all the shower guests guess how old she was in each picture. I used all different pink and green paper for the backgrounds and used my Cricut machine to cut out all the numbers and the letters. Thanks to Linda Jameson for the help on this one!


Another project visible in the photo above is the Wish Jar. I bought a plain glass jar from Hobby Lobby and tied a tag on it that read "Please leave your wishes for the soon to be Mrs.". The idea was to have all the guests write a little note to Kristie. I again used my Cricut to cut out tag shapes to write on and tied a piece of ribbon on to each.

You'll also notice the little baskets filled with the favors I made. I took small plastic bags purchased from Michael's and filled them with white chocolate covered pretzels. I then folded pieces of green and pink paper over the top and stapled them onto the bag to keep them closed. I only stapled the back half of the flap and glued the front so they still looked pretty. I also added a piece of ribbon, alternating colors. Here's a closer look:

It was a lot of work but since I really enjoy having projects to work on, I really didn't mind! And I think Kristie really enjoyed herself and that's all that matters!!

No comments: