Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dressin' Up the Maids

OK so I'll just admit this now...I am a HUGE nerd. When it came to picking out dresses for my maids, I developed a PowerPoint presentation with a page for each dress designer featuring the dresses that I liked and in what colors. I then sent it off to all of them for their opinions. I thought it was quite an efficient way of going about it...there were about 15 dresses that I liked!!

A sample of my PowerPoint...


When my mom and I went dress shopping for me, we thought we'd take a quick peak at bridesmaid dresses too. Armed with my PowerPoint and voting results, I went in pretty open minded (which can be disastrous for an indecisve person like me!) However, I found that the decision on which designer AND colors to go with was made super easy the second I saw Alfred Angelo's line. The colors are what really hooked me...they offer the most PERFECT deep red, burnt orange, and dark purple. So how was I to decide between the three? Well, I didn't actually. I thought since all of these are so perfect, why not do one of each? My sister (and MOH)in Claret, bridesmaid Amanda in Eggplant, and bridesmaid Kristie in Burnt Orange. Variety is a good thing, right? :)

As for the dress itself, I tried on about 6 of the different Alfred Angelo dresses they had at the store to see what they looked like on a real person with real hips and curves. Some that I had originally liked online were AWFUL in person. But I did have some success and came away with two styles that I really liked.

I took Amanda and Kristie in to try on both dresses to see which one they were more comfortable in. It was unanimous...so here is the dress!!

It's got a sweetheart neckline which is adorable and laces up the back. The fabric also sort of "gathers" on one side which is very forgiving in the stomach area. My maids will be able to eat that extra piece of cake at the reception and not have to worry about their tummies bulging!

Another item checked off the planning list!!

2 comments:

Brink Boys said...

BIG fan of the "extra" in the stomach area =)

julielsimon said...

Of course you made a PowerPoint Kater! :-) lol!
Love the dresses -- uber cute!