Monday, June 22, 2009

I Heart Shoes

In my reading of wedding blogs, I've found that one of the things that a lot of brides are doing these days is wearing colored shoes instead of the traditional white or ivory. I really like the idea and absolutely adore the photos you see with colored shoes peaking out from a white gown.

Maybe some purple shoes for me?

Or maybe red? Love the little rosettes on this pair!

As I thought about my dress and the theme I was going for, I decided that the colored shoe was a little too trendy for me. The look I want is classic with a bit of vintage flair. With that in mind, I thought it would be best to stick with an ivory or champagne colored shoe. And so my search began.

Side note: I am infatuated with online shipping for shoes. Sites like Zappos.com, Endless.com and Shoebuy.com make shopping for shoes a BREEZE! The selection is amazing and the free shipping and free returns makes it no more expensive than buying from a brick and mortar store.

The first shoe I fell in love with was the Electra by Nina. I'm a sucker for platforms and the bow detail on these gives them a vintage feel. Plus the ankle strap is sexy yet in a classy, not trashy, way. Aren't they super cute!?

I decided that with over a 4 inch heel, these beauties were a bit to high for me since I'll be walking around in them ALL.DAY.LONG. Plus, when I bought my dress, the store gave me some sample shoes to try on with it and if I got shoes with a 3 1/2 inch heel, I wouldn't have to have my hem altered!!

The second pair of shoes I fell in love with are the ones that I bought and will be wearing on the big day. They are also by Nina, and the style is Kyleen. I love them, they still have a vintage feel, and the heel height is perfect at 3 1/2 inches.

I was a bit nervous about the color (powder sand) but when they arrived via the nice UPS man, they color is perfect! AND they are actually comfortable! AND I bought them from Shoebuy.com which I had a 20% off coupon plus I got a new member discount for ordering from them! The Electra would have cost me $89...but the Kyleen's only cost me $48! That is WAY under my budget for shoes! WAHOOO!!!

*A tip for anyone else purchasing Nina shoes, order a half size up. I usually where a 7 1/2 and the 8 fit perfectly. My bridesmaid Kristie is wearing Nina shoes on her wedding day and she also had to go a half size up.

1 comment:

The Weltes + 1 said...

Love the shoes! Love Nina and Shoebuy!