Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Search For the Perfect Venue Part II

In my previous post about our search for the perfect venue, I pointed out some of the issues we were stumbling upon. Another issue we keep running into is guest minimums. Most of the reception venues in town require a 150-200 person minimum in order to reserve it on a Saturday night. There is no way I have that many people that I want to invite to my wedding. Nothing against those that are planning large weddings, I just prefer a smaller more intimate wedding with only the people who truly matter the most in our lives.

Keeping in mind the rustic theme we are going for and ruling out those places with a high minimum guest count, we decided to take a look at Fox Hills Golf Club in Plymouth, MI. Although I originally all but refused to have the reception at a golf course, this one was different. Fox Hills actually has two different club houses, the Golden Fox and the Classic Fox. The Classic Fox clubhouse is actually the original log cabin clubhouse which dates back to 1927. Of course the interior has been remodeled and it is now a great place to have a wedding reception!

I L-O-V-E this picture! Look at that moon!!

Here's a glimpse of the interior. Thank you to this lovely couple for starring in my post.

And here's a look at the addition onto the original log cabin. A bit more modern but still a little rustic feel to it.



I absolutely LOVED the log cabin look yet it still had all the modern conveniences that we need! Plus when we sat down to discuss numbers with Chris from the events team, we were pleasantly surprised by the price too! And if that wasn't good enough, she also told us that since November is technically the start of the off season, they would throw in an extra incentive for us! How about a bar upgrade? Or maybe some late night snacks? FREE!!!! Gosh I love that word.

Gary and I left feeling great about Fox Hills. But, we were a little concerned that it was the first place we'd looked at and their might be something else even better out there! Chris was nice enough to put our date "on hold" for us with no money down.

So the search continues but I have a good feeling about this one...

No comments: