Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A little less than perfect

Where I last left off on our search for our reception venue, we had found Fox Hills and were pretty certain that it would perfect for us. Not wanting to book the first (and only) place we had looked at, we continued to search.

One of the girls Gary works with is getting married this summer and apparently she and I have similar tastes because she's having her wedding at the Blue Dress Barn that I also mentioned in a previous post (Can you say JEALOUS!!!) Anyway, she told us about a similar place in Ann Arbor. Ann Arbor! That's close enough! We could probably swing that! So we decided to check it out. It's called Cobblestone Farm and it is pretty much perfect.

I called on a whim thinking there was no way they would have our date available...but it was open!! Could it be a sign?? Check out the photos below...

I love the moss letters they hung on the barn doors!

You can even have your ceremony there? Probably not a good idea for November...


Look at all of those rafters! And with the Japanese lanterns hanging from them too? *SWOON*


A view from the balcony...




In the end, we decided against Cobblestone. Why you ask? Since on the surface it seemed so perfect? A few reasons:

  1. Although Ann Arbor wasn't too far, I didn't feel comfortable having guests travel to an area that I'm really not that familiar with
  2. There is a home U of M football game which could cause head aches with traffic and booked up hotels
  3. With an outside caterer, we'd also have to rent linens, glasses, serving dishes, etc. which means more $$$
  4. We can only serve beer and wine...and I didn't really want to leave out our friends vodka, rum, and whiskey. Plus I know a few of Gary's buddies wouldn't be too happy about that.
  5. Since we would bring in our own booze, I didn't want to have to worry about running out in the middle of our reception
So we've decided to go with Fox Hills. I really do love it and it's much less of a pain for planning which I'm all about with less than six months until the wedding!!

1 comment:

Brink Boys said...

I think it is going to be absolutely beautiful no matter where you have it!