Sunday, October 18, 2009

Run Like the Wind

This will be my first non-wedding related post in a while but I had to give a shout out to my future husband because I am SO proud of him! This summer, he decided that he was going to run the Detroit Free Press Half Marathon. Originally, I was going to run with him but do to the horrible feet I inherited from my mother (that and I've heard horror stories of brides having to wear closed toe shoes because they crack their toe nails off while running) I decided it was best for me not to run. But Gary stuck with it and he DID IT! We were downtown bright and early today - the race started at 7:15 AM! They ran through downtown, over the bridge to Canada, through Windsor, through the tunnel back to Detroit and back to the finish line...a whopping 13.1 miles!

Here he is before the race all bundled up...I think it was 37 degrees at race time!


And here is one while he is running...I didn't bring my new camera so it was hard to get an action shot! He is kind of in an open space on the road dressed in all grey.

I also got to see him just before the finish line and give him a high five! I am so proud that he stuck with it AND that he finished 10 minutes BEFORE his goal time!! Congrats G!!!

No comments: