Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Work in Progress

I've been slowly working on our invitations here and there but I'm finally getting to the point where we are only a few weeks away from sending them out and I need to get my butt moving!! Luckily, my parents were in town over the weekend and with some help from my mom we were able to get another chunk of cutting/gluing/corner-rounding out of the way.

I've had a design in mind since Memorial Day weekend when my mom was in town for dress shopping. We happened to pop into a scrapbook store downtown Northville that also makes custom wedding invitations. After looking at their book of samples, I found a design I absolutely LOVED!! At first I considered letting them do the work but quickly decided against it. I figured I could handle the task on my own and the invitations would be a lot more personal that way. I'm really glad I did because the process has been a lot of fun for me.

I'm not going to show any images of the finished product until they go out in a few weeks but here is a photo of my mom and I hard at work on them!

2 comments:

Mom/Laurie said...

Thank you for letting me be a part of the invitation assembly-it was great bonding time. Can't wait until they go out...they are one of a kind! You are so creative!

Jeremy, Julie and Jacob said...

I saw my mom's invitation. they are B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!! well done!