Sunday, August 9, 2009

Center of Attention

One of the things that can get quite costly for a wedding is centerpieces for the reception tables. Many people opt to go for non-floral centerpieces to try and save a bit of money. I've seen many great ideas such as...
Fruits/Veggies

Candles

Favors as the centerpiece


But something else really caught my eye. It would allow us to feature flowers in our centerpieces, yet keep the florist budget in check. It helps incorporate our rustic vintage theme and I was pretty sure I could get most of the components for FREE! So I present you our centerpiece inspiration photos...



The last one is my favorite...I'm aiming for all clear glass (although the antique blue in the second photo is gorgeous!) and different shapes and sizes, placing a few blooms into each jar. I've officially assigned all my mom's friends and aunts to collecting jars for me!! We would have paid a fortune if we had to buy vases for all the tables! So thanks are definitely in order to all the ladies who are helping out!!

1 comment:

Mom/Laurie said...

I love this look!!!!!!!!!!!! The simplicity is striking!
After 5 full boxes of clear glass vessels the search continues for the small jars yet..attention all new mothers..save those small baby food jars.

Can't wait to see all of this put together on the day of the wedding!
We are going to have an exceptonal time together as family and friends.