Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Trial and Error

Last week I had my hair and makeup trial. Since I don't really have a salon around here that I frequent (I'm really bad about the "getting a cut every 6 weeks rule") I was on the search for a salon. I found this particular company again in my reading of wedding blogs. It is called Bridal Beauty on Location. I liked that fact that they would come to your house so we wouldn't have to worry about driving to and from a salon. They also offer airbrush makeup which I really wanted to try. It may seem a little early for a trial but if I liked my hair and makeup, I wanted to book our date as soon as possible!!

I brought a few inspiration photos for both my hair and makeup. The overall look I was going for was very romantic, with soft curls and nothing that was pulled to tight from my face. Here are a few photos I brought along.






The look we aimed for was the loose curly 'do like Eva Longoria's. Let's just say it looks A LOT cuter on Eva than it did on me! I hated it!!! So she worked some magic and pinned the curls up a little more and this is what we came up with.

Back View


Side View

I think on the actual day of, I would prefer to keep my bangs not so curled and add a few more curls on the top of my head. For those of you that are wondering, I will be wearing a veil for the ceremony but I didn't want to wear it since Gary took these photos. I don't want him seeing me in my veil quite yet. :)

As for makeup, I gave here these photos as inspiration:

Basically a dramatic eye with a lighter lip color. Here are the results:


My apologies that these photos are a little dark but it was about 9:30 at night! I really liked my eyeshadow and liner, I just wish she would have curled my eyelashes! I will probably be doing fake lashes on the actual day so that won't matter. I also didn't love the lip color she used (which was supposed to just bring out your natural pigment) so I'll probably ask her to use something else or use one of my trust MAC colors!! So, what do you think??

1 comment:

Courtney Marie Kingma said...

You look beautiful! I can't wait to see you on your special day:)xoxo