Monday, August 24, 2009

Dressin' the Dudes

When it came to what Gary and the groomsmen would wear, we flip-flopped between finding suits for everyone and renting tuxedos. I thought I had made up my mind on doing tuxedos thinking it would be a lot easier for us to coordinate. And then we heard the price.

We visited both Men's Warehouse and President's Tuxedo one Saturday afternoon at the mall. We walked out of there pretty discouraged because both places quoted us more than $160 per tux! We just didn't reel right about asking the guys to pay that much for something they will where for a few hours and return the next day.

So we were back to thinking about suits. One of Gary's co-workers had just gone the suit route for her guys and had gotten them each a suit, shirt and tie for around $150 out the door. That seemed like a much better idea to us! And suits sure do look nice too, right?

We make a trip to K & G Fashion Superstore to see what we could find. I was a bit skeptical at first but we actually found a very nice suit that fit Gary great! The hard part was getting the rest of the wedding party in to try them on. After about 5 different trips, we had found suits for everyone! I was soooo pleased...not to mention that we got 8 suits for about $900!

As for ties, I had been thinking I wanted go with a gold satin. I didn't want to be to matchy-matchy and have them get the same colors as the bridesmaid dresses. Plus the girls will be wearing gold shoes with their bouquets tied in gold ribbon. I thought the gold ties would pull everything together nicely. I was a little worried that we'd be able to find exactly what I was envisioning but whadda ya know...K & G had the prefect ties too! This picture is a pretty accurate representation of the color!

Gary will be wearing an ivory tie (which we found for $10 at Marshall's!!) and our dads will be in black. All of the guys will be wearing ivory shirts - which we have yet to track down - and I also need to figure out what the little guys will be wearing. If anyone has any ideas of where to get boys suits - I'm in need of suggestions!!

No comments: