Monday, September 1, 2008

Goodbye Summer

Labor Day weekend we had the pleasure of staying with the DeVries' up at Walhalla. It was a little different than the 4th of July, it was just Scott and Paula and Gary and I. I've never seen so much of Mackinaw! I don't think she much appreciated Logan :) The weather was PERFECT and we spent both Saturday and Sunday perched on the pontoon boat out on the lake. Saturday night we entertained ourselves at The Rendezvous, luckily this time they had karaoke! I was a bit nervous at first, I'd never sang in front of these people before. But as you can see, I eventually came out of my shell.

(Believe it or not, I didn't take my camera out all weekend! My Aunt captured this one...)

Mom and Dad were staying at Ruster's so we did get to visit with them on Sunday as well. They joined us on Tom and Louise's pontoon and we met up with Randy and Dar for dinner at Emerson Lake Inn. Sunday night we played Euchere and Scott and I definitely dominated. I think it was beginners luck!

Monday we decided to hit the road early so we could stop at the outlet mall in Howell. It's always bittersweet to stop there, such good deals but I always spend too much!

It was the perfect end to summer. Thanks to Aunt P and Scott for having us!

No comments: