Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mother Daughter Weekend

While Gary and the boys were away golfing, I had my mom come stay with me for the weekend. And what an excellent weekend it was! I took the day off Friday and we treated ourselves to some pampering. As a parting gift when I left Mullen, they gave me a gift card to a really nice spa in Novi called Visions. My mom and I both got facials and my, oh, my it was WONDERFUL! It was SO relaxing and my skin felt amazing afterward! Friday night we went for dinner and to see Mama Mia. Great movie if you haven't seen it yet. Makes me want to open a little resort in some remote location!

Saturday we quickly hit IKEA (I say quickly because usually IKEA is in all day trip) and went to Lowes to get some painting supplies. The rest of the day was full of home improvement stuff. We spent most of the day painting (see previous post) but also installed a new programmable thermostat. Saturday night we had Pot Belly for dinner and stayed in to watch a chick flick off of video on demand. We were exhausted!!

Sunday we had cinnamon rolls (a Karsten family tradition) and mom left around noon or so. All in all, it was a wonderful weekend. It was great to be able to spend the whole weekend with just me and mom! :)

(MOM - you cryin' yet?)

1 comment:

Brink Boys said...

I'm jealous...and glad to see you updating your blog!