Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lady in White

This weekend I went wedding dress shopping with Kristie. Friday night we did a bit of preparing for the big day by getting manicures/pedicures and going tanning. We also pulled out some pictures of dresses she liked and browsed the Internet to make sure she knew what she wanted. Saturday we were up early to meet her mom and her future husband's mom and sister, Bri, at our first destination...

Kristie and I at The Wedding Bell



The trip was very successful and she found THE DRESS! It ended up being maybe the third dress she tried on but we had to look around just in case. The dress is perfect, it looks beautiful on her and has a little bit of everything she was looking for. I won't give any more details or post any actual dress pictures because you never know who's reading this!!

The day was so much fun, until the ride home. We had taken Kristie's car out to Lansing and I was driving it back so she could stay in Owosso for a friend's birthday party. I got about 2 miles out of Lansing when I heard a strange "flap, flap, flap, flap" sound. Although I've never had a flat tire, I kinda expected that was the case. Sure enough, the rear driver's side tire was completely flat. Kristie and her mom came and rescued me while we waited for roadside assistance to change the tire. Everything turned out fine, I just had to drive a little slower than I would have normally to get home!


Here's Kristie's mom pulling out the spare tire from the trunk. She felt bad just sitting there while we waited!









3 comments:

Brink Boys said...

I can't wait to do that with you someday...hint hint Gary...

The Weltes + 1 said...

I agree with your sis...especially since you have been SO helpful with me! Thanks for a wonderful day...Love ya!

julielsimon said...

So glad kristie found "THE DRESS" what a great feeling, (and a relief!) I'm sure it's LOVELY!

but bummer to hear about the flat... I'm the queen of flat tires! totally been there!