Sunday, August 17, 2008

Courage - If I only had the nerve

Note: I've been slacking so I'm catching up on my blogging this weekend... so when I say this weekend, I don't really mean this weekend. I'm referring to the date of the post :)

Most of you probably know that I've had a hard time adjusting to my new job. Not only do I have a lot of new stuff to learn, I have a lot of new people to try and befriend. Most people who know me well are shocked when I tell them I'm actually very shy. So, being thrown into a entirely new group of people has been very stressful for me. This weekend, one of the girls on my floor threw a small get-together at her house. I was grateful for the invite but scared to death to actually go. Normally I'd make up some silly excuse why I couldn't go or I simply wouldn't go because it wasn't "comfortable" for me. I knew if I was going to try and make friends at work, I had to go. No excuses.


So, I went. And it was fine. Perfectly fine. Comfortably fine. I wonder what all the fuss was about?


1 comment:

julielsimon said...

I'm shy at first too kater, no worries -- you'll be perfectly fine! They just need to coordinate a karaokee event..."i touch myself" ???