Friday, September 25, 2009

Music to My Ears

Being that Mill Race Village is part of the historical society, that means that all of the buildings are also historic. Which means they're old. Which means the chapel doesn't have much of a sound system...rather, it doesn't have a sound system at all. So, I saw it as the perfect excuse to hire live musicians for the ceremony. I scoured the internet looking for local musicians at a decent price. We ended up going with Garza Violins and hired a violin duet to perform all of our ceremony music. They came in at a decent price and their music coordinator was a pleasure to work with.

As for music itself, that was a tougher decision. I didn't know much about classical music before I started wedding planning...but I sure do know! So what did we end up with? (Hint: when you have clicked on a link and are finished listening, just hit the back button to return to the post!)

Prelude
Sheep May Safely Graze by Bach
Air in F by Handel
Arioso by Bach
Air on the G String by Bach

Seating of the Families
Largo from Xerxes by Handel

Bridesmaids Processional
Hymne by Vangelis

Bride's Processional
Trumpet Voluntary by Clarke

Recessional
Hornpipe from Water Music by Handel

Postlude
La Rejouissance by Handel
Aria by Handel

Who knew I liked Handel so much?? What do you think??

*Note: this is not our actual musicians playing, just samples of the songs from around the 'net!

1 comment:

The Weltes + 1 said...

I love Trumpet Voluntary!!!! I may tear up when you walk into that!