Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Grill Time for Gary!

We had our first shower last weekend!  I can't believe it's already time to be having showers!  Eek!  On my side of the family we do showers a little differently.  Instead of the traditional ladies shower, we have a couples shower in honor the of the groom!  Usually it is a "tool time" shower where the groom receives -obviously - tools.  But since Gary isn't really the handy man type, we decided to do "grill time"!



The entire Karsten family as well as the long lost Dokter family (it's been YEARS since I've seen them!  Way too long...) got together at my Aunt Sandy and Uncle Kit's house.  They have a perfect house for entertaining and even more perfect for a grilling theme being out in the country!

Look at all that yummy stuff!  Straight from the garden!



We had great food and great fellowship.  Aunt Sandy also always has some sort of activity too!  Since it had been a while since the whole family was together, we did a mixer so that you got to mingle with everyone.  I found out many interesting things about my family members!

Here we are revealing the correct answers!



Keeping with the grilling theme, we were also presented with a gorgeous new Char-Broil grill!  I can't wait to start cooking up some steaks with this baby....well, Gary can't wait...I don't even know how to work a grill!



Gary and I had a wonderful time....a BIG thank you to my aunts - Sandy, Dawn and Laurel - for making it all possible!!  We love you guys!



The bride and groom :)


No comments: