Saturday, July 18, 2009

Kristie's Bachelorette Party

As you saw in my previous post about the garters, Kristie's bachelorette party was last weekend. We all had a BLAST and I'm so sad that it's over. To quote Kristie "This was the best night of my life"...I'm sure she'll take that back in a few weeks once her wedding day is here. I thought I'd share a few projects - besides the garters - that I did for the party:

Last Fling Before the Ring banner

I used my trusty Cricut to cut out the letters and attached each to different 5"x7" backgrounds. I then attached each letter to a piece of ribbon to hang them.


Silverware Wraps

I had some wrapped silverware leftover from the shower so I removed the pink and green wraps and tied some hot pink ribbon around them. I then added these little strings of black beads - they don't tie but if you twist it like you would a twistie tie, they'll stay put.


Black Satin Tablecloth

I made this a heck of a lot cheaper than I could have bought it. I think the fabric cost me about $4 for 4 yards (I had a Hobby Lobby coupon!) and since I already had my sewing machine out, this was a quick 45 minute project. I also used some leftover hot pink tulle to place on top.



Fishnet Candle Holders

That's right! Those are fishnet stockings!! I simply cut the top of the stockings, pulled them around the candle holder and hot glued them in place. I then added some zebra ribbon and fur trim to snazz them up a bit. I added the same trim to the bottom too. If you're ever searching for hot pink candles, Hobby Lobby is the place for that too!!



And a shot just to show how much fun we had....that's a LOT of ladies!!!



No comments: