Friday, July 10, 2009

Baby Hold on To Me

One of the most fun parts about planning a wedding is swooning over all the beautiful pictures of bouquets. I didn't inherit my moms love for gardening so I don't really know a ton about flowers. Some girls know from the very beginning that they want all roses or peonies...I am much more concerned about color than type of flower. I was more adamant about what I DIDN'T want then what I did. And as all the bridal magazines will tell you, to help trim some flower costs, you want to stay in season with your flower choices.

After scouring the internet for bouquets I liked, I really didn't find anything that was perfect. Most of the fall bouquets had yellow in them which I do NOT want. And almost none of them have purple in them! I did fine a few I like, and our bouquets will most likely be a hybrid of some of these bouquets with whatever else the florist dreams up:

I LOVE the reds in this bouquet...luscious and gorgeous!! I also like that it has multiple types of flowers. It give the bouquet some lovely texture.


The purple in this bouquet is what I really love. It's so dramatic against the reds and oranges. However, I think they are mini calla lilies which is on my NO THANK YOU list of flowers.


See those little berry things in there? I've learned they are called Hypericum Berries and that they come in green and this lovely burgandy shade. I will definitely have some of these in our bouquets!


Out of all the types of flowers I've seen. I like these the best. They are dahlias and they come in so many great colors - such as the deep orange shown here. I'm hoping that they are in season come November!!

Coming up soon...centerpiece inspiration!!

No comments: