Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Goodbye Tiger's Stadium

As I was driving home from work the other day stuck in traffic, I noticed that I had a pretty decent view of the demolition of the old Tiger's Stadium. So, I decided to take a few pictures! Keep in mind, I was in a moving car (albeit a slow moving car) so they're not prize winning or anything.
It's quite a controversial subject around here. Most people hate to see it go. There's a lot of history in the place. Supposedly the city of Detroit wants to put a giant retailer (think Wal-Mart) or luxury condos (who's buying luxury condos anyway, especially in Detroit!) in it's place. Personally, if they're going to pay to demolish old buildings, knock down some of the crumbling, burned out houses and other buildings around town and leave history in its place.

No comments: