Monday, January 26, 2009

Yep, I'm still alive

Hello world. Remember me? It sure has been a while since I've posted anything. I guess I haven't felt much up for writing. I've been trying to lie low the last month or so as to refrain from spending money unless I absolutely need to so I guess there hasn't been too much worth writing about.

Not much has changed on the job front. I've had a couple of interviews so far, but nothing solid yet. I'm hoping to get some answers this week. I do have the opportunity to go back to Mullen for 3 months while a former co-worker of mine is out on maternity leave. Although I'm struggling with the idea of accepting the temp gig and the possibility of having to leave a month into it. Mullen and all the people I worked with there have always been so good to me and I hate the idea of leaving them high and dry. I must say that I'm not sure what I would do without Gary through all this. He's been a great support system for me. G - if you're reading this (which I know you will) thanks for everything, even if I don't want to hear it!



One positive thing that has come of my time off is that I've been spending a lot of time at the gym. I've been going twice a day 6 days a week and I'm definitely noticing a difference in my mood and energy level. I'm thankful for that because I was pretty worried about my emotional well-being after being out of work for two months.

I was also happy to find out that Messy and Emmy will be staying in Michigan and in fact, we will almost be neighbors! They have bought a beautiful house in Northville within walking distance of downtown. I am grateful to have them close because they are great friends of ours - even though I've only known her less than two years!



And because I can't have a post without pictures...this past weekend I did get out with all of my girl friends to celebrate Amanda's 26th birthday. That's a good lookin' bunch, wouldn't you say?!

I would also like to wish my sister a HAPPY BIRTHDAY as well! I hope your day was fabulous!

1 comment:

Brink Boys said...

Thank you thank you! And dang exercise queen, good for you! Hope you get some good news soon..