Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Old, New, Borrowed and Blue

Most brides continue the something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue tradition when they get married. I took part in the tradition as well, however I don't think my "somethings" were that creative or thoughtful...but I thought I'd share anyway.

Something Old

My grandma Pat (my mom's mom) let me borrow her strand of fresh water pearls. I loved them because they weren't the traditional single strand of pearls. They were very tiny rice pearls in three strands intertwined.

Something New

I had lots of things that were new! My dress, my veil, my earrings, my shoes...not having the pro pics yet, here's the best picture I could find that you can see everything!


Something Borrowed

Those ladies out there that have shopped for a bustier or long line bra to go under their dress knows that one of those bad boys can cost a small fortune. Luckily Emmy had one that she let me borrow! I don't have any photos of me in it (nor would I want to share one if I did...) but it looked something like this:


Something Blue

Following Kristie's lead, I wore blue undies! Again, I won't be sharing an actual photo but they were something like these:



So although not too much thought went into the tradition, I still took part!

No comments: