Thursday, December 11, 2008

California Dreamin'

It was sooo nice to be able to spend a few days in California to take my mind off the whole unemployment issue. I arrived late Friday night after spending 5 hours (and 4 glasses of wine) in the airport. I attempted to get on standby for an earlier flight but was unable to. I was able to extend my trip until Wednesday, and it only cost me $50.

The weather was beautiful and I even got to lounge by the pool! The hotel we stayed at was in a great location, right on the beach, a block from the Santa Monica Pier and walking distance from the Promenade. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

The view from our room


The famous Santa Monica Pier





We had to do some tourist stuff - me with Britney Spears' star on the walk of fame


Gary and I on the pier with a view of the beach in the background

A gorgeous Santa Monica sunset!

Although Gary had to work, I am so greatful for the few days I spent out there. I think I really needed it.

No comments: